Just One Of The Many Ways Of Doing PPC
Google’s Performance Max Ads are supposed to replace Smart Shopping for businesses completely, but many questions continue to surround it and how it works. So why should you seriously consider implementing Performance Max ads into your advertising strategy?
Now let’s explore the nitty-gritty of Google’s Performance Max ads and shed some light on this offering.
WHAT ARE PERFORMANCE MAX ADS?
The main difference between Performance Max ads and standard ad campaigns is that Google automates campaign targeting and delivery based on the information provided by the advertiser.
Performance Max Ads is a form of automated campaign akin to (but not identical to) a Smart campaign.
Like how responsive display ads work, Google will automate ad creation based only on the assets provided.
There are some similarities between Performance Max and social campaigns in that they run across many places using dynamic ad formats and that performance reporting by audience and placement is limited.
WHAT NETWORK DOES PERFORMANCE MAX USE?
Performance Max campaigns are eligible to run across Google’s whole inventory, a significant distinction from Google’s other campaign kinds. Advertising in the Performance Max category can serve in any of the placements occupied by Search, Display, YouTube, Gmail, and Discovery campaigns.
WHEN SHOULD YOU LAUNCH A PERFORMANCE MAX CAMPAIGN?
Performance Max campaigns are best suited for advertisers that want to achieve particular conversion goals, such as lead generation and growing online sales and consumer reach. They are also helpful if you wish to manage campaigns across numerous channels in a single campaign.
PERFORMANCE MAX PROS
Performance Max Campaigns can give the following competitive benefits to online advertisers:
INCREASE THE NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS WHO CONVERT
- Customize the goals important to your company and enhance conversions or conversion value.
- With Performance Max, you can engage customers across Google’s channels.
- Using Google’s real-time understanding of consumer intentions and preferences and your input via audience signals, Performance Max can uncover previously unknown customer groupings.
DRIVE MORE VALUE
- Data-driven channel attribution optimizes for the most incremental touchpoints that lead to conversion.
- Machine learning models produce more precise predictions about which ads, audiences, and creative combinations will perform the best for you.
GAIN VALUABLE INSIGHTS
- Performance Max asset reporting may assist you in understanding which creatives are impacting performance and optimizing campaign creatives to drive ROI.
- New insights, such as increasing search patterns, can assist you in understanding performance changes and informing your overall company strategy.
PERFORMANCE MAX CONS
The main downside of Performance Max ad campaigns is their limited reporting abilities. You cannot view how the site link has performed inside the individual campaign, and asset group reporting is likewise quite basic and does not provide much insight when viewing performance.
Other downsides include:
- Lack of Control: To some extent, automation takes control away from the advertiser. So, advertisers looking for total control over the performance of their campaigns should probably think twice before opting for Performance Max.
- You need to have clear-cut goals: If your conversion targets are ambiguous, the performance campaign will not perform as planned. This also applies to the quality of your ads. No automation can help you outperform your competition in terms of ad quality. To achieve the required results, you must build your advertising around your goals.
- No Negative Keywords: Right now, you can’t add negative keywords to the performance max campaign. However, Google has announced that account-level negative keywords will soon be available.
SMART SHOPPING VS PERFORMANCE MAX ADS
Performance Max Ads is expected to replace Google Smart Shopping by Q3 2022. Advertisers who have not yet made a move will have their Smart Shopping campaigns converted to Performance Max campaigns automatically.
Unlike Smart Shopping, Performance Max campaigns include Google Maps and Discover platforms, increasing the visibility of your advertising.
This new type of campaign will have the same basic features as Smart Shopping, but it will build on what advertisers already know about inventory and data while not giving them access to all campaign data.
HOW CAN YOU ACHIEVE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE IN MAX CAMPAIGNS?
Google’s new campaign type combines best-in-class automation technology in bidding, targeting, creatives, and attribution to help you drive conversion success.
Furthermore, it is intended to perform effectively across various marketing objectives and media platforms.
As a result, adopting best practices assists you in correctly setting up Performance Max campaigns to achieve success and further optimizing outcomes as needed.
BEST PRACTICES FOR BUSINESSES
- You should run campaigns for at least six weeks to give the machine learning system time to scale and collect enough data to compare results.
- Include five text asset versions (four headlines, five descriptions) in your asset group.
- Include at least five image asset versions in your asset group.
- Make use of as many assets as possible.
- Use appropriate audience lists as signals to accelerate machine learning deployment.
- To measure video views or cross-device conversions, use Google Ads Conversion Tracking rather than Google Analytics conversion import.
ONLINE SALES BEST PRACTICES
1. CAMPAIGN SETUP:
The Google Ads Performance Max campaign is driven by machine learning.
Improve machine learning by providing as much data as possible to drive results for your organization. Signals include remarketing lists, custom intent, customer matches, and comparable audiences.
2. REFRESH YOUR IDEAS:
Creativity is your most effective weapon for boosting performance since it enables you to tailor the campaign to promote new items or new offers. Focus on producing original material for the greatest outcomes.
For weekend sales, start the campaign 2-3 weeks ahead of time, then refresh your creative regularly to transition from generic store creative to sales-focused creative.
This approach will allow you to run time-limited promotions without sacrificing performance.
3. VISUALS ARE KEY
customers seek visual sources online for purchasing inspiration. Target new buyers with your visual inventory.
Ad strength may be found during ad creation and in a new column in Google Ads. The scale runs from “poor” to “excellent.”
4. READY TO GIVE GOOGLE PERFORMANCE MAX A GO?
Performance Max is an objective-driven campaign type that enables you to manage your entire Google Ads inventory from a single campaign.
By maximizing performance in real-time and across channels using Smart Bidding, the approach may help you boost performance and deliver more conversions.
Alternatively, if you’re not feeling that confident with your business’s paid advertising, give us a shout. Our PPC gurus know all the tricks of the trade and will work their magic to make any campaign a success.